Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Rice Bag Stitching

We eat enough rice in our household to buy it by the bag - seriously 20kg bags.

The top of the bag is stitched together in that clever manner that when using the correct technique it can just be cut on one end and pulled off. With the wrong technique you need to basically cut every second stitch.

In the past I have not paid enough attention to what I have been doing, so it is usually a hit and miss affair as to whether I impress myself with a quick opening, or whether I get myself frustrated enough to consider just hacking a whole in the side of the sack.

Well today was different. I actually check how the stitch works and am convinced I have worked out the right technique. I suppose that I will know for sure next on the next bag.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]